The European Men’s Health Forum (EMHF) was established in 2001. Originally part of the Men’s Health Forum (UK), it soon became an autonomous, non-profit-making, non-governmental organisation based in Brussels. EMHF is formally constituted as an ‘Association Internationale à But non Lucratif’ (A.I.S.B.L) number 15747/2002 under Belgian law.
Vision and mission
EMHF is the only European organisation dedicated to the improvement of men’s health in all its aspects. Its vision is a future in which all men in Europe have an equal opportunity to attain the highest possible level of health and well-being.
Its mission is to improve men’s health across all countries in Europe by promoting collaboration between interested organisations and individuals on the development and application of health-related policies, research, education and prevention programmes.
EMHF is committed to gender equality, fully supports activities to improve women’s health, and opposes the re-allocation of funding from women’s to men’s health.
EMHF’s strategic direction is provided by a Board whose members are:
- Dr Ian Banks, EMHF President
- Matthew Maycock, Vice President
- Kenneth Mastris, General Secretary
- John Bowis, Treasurer
The operational work is led by Ian Banks supported by Tracy Herd. Contact here.
EMHF is currently represented at a high-level in the following organisations:
- EAASM (European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines)
- ECCO (European Cancer Organisation)
- EFAB (European Forum against Blindness)
- EFPIA (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations)
- EPF (European Patients Forum)
- ASOP EU (Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacy)
- GAMH (Global Action on Men’s Health)
- HPV Action (UK)
- Self-Care Forum (UK)